Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Timelines, as well as Timelines brands, products and services, which we call the “Timelines Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing the Timelines Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Timelines works.
Sharing Your Content and Information
- You own all of the content and information you post on Timelines, and you can control how it is shared through your application settings. In addition:
- • When you delete your content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- • When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Timelines, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- • We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Timelines, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- We do our best to keep Timelines safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Timelines safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- • You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Timelines.
- • You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Timelines, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- • You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Timelines.
- • You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- • You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- • You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- • You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- • You will not use Timelines to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- • You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Timelines, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Timelines functionality.
- • You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
- Timelines users do not need to provide their real names and information. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- • You will not create more than one personal account.
- • If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- • You will not use Timelines if you are under 13.
- • You will not use Timelines if you are a convicted sex offender.
- • You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- • You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- • You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- • If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protecting Other People’s Rights
- • We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- • You will not post content or take any action on Timelines that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- • We can remove any content or information you post on Timelines if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies or where we are permitted or required to do so by law.
- • We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
- • If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- • If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- • You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- • You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Timelines.
Mobile and Other Devices
We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- • If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- • You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
Unless otherwise required by law, we’ll notify you (for example, by email or through the Service) before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services. Changes to this Statement shall become effective 15 days after we provide notice of planned changes. Your continued use of the Timelines Services, following the notice period of the planned changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms. If, however, you do not wish to continue using Timelines, you may temporarily deactivate or permanently delete your account at any time.
We can stop providing all or part of Timelines to you immediately if, in our sole discretion, you clearly, seriously or repeatedly violate this Statement or our policies or if we are required to do so by law. We will notify you by email or the next time you attempt to access your account.
You may also choose to temporarily deactivate or permanently delete your account at any time. When your account is deleted, we delete things that you have posted, such as your photos and texts. Information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Timelines exclusively in Honduras. On a state court located in San Pedro Sula, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the Republic of Honduras will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
If you are a consumer and habitually reside in a Member State of the EU, the laws of that Member State will apply instead. Similarly, if you are a consumer habitually resident in a Member State of the EU and a competent court of that Member State has jurisdiction over the claim, then you may resolve your claim before that court.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Timelines, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. The foregoing shall not apply to consumers habitually resident in the European Union. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on Timelines and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Timelines. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Timelines. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Timelines.
- We will use reasonable skill and care in providing the Timelines Services to you and in keeping it a safe, secure and error-free environment, but we do not guarantee that Timelines will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. We are not responsible for:
- • losses not caused by our breach of this Statement;
- • losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into this agreement;
- • losses resulting from actions, content, information or data of third parties including any user of Timelines whether online or offline; we are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Timelines; and
- • failure to provide Timelines or to meet any of our obligations under these terms where the failure is due to events beyond our control.
The above does not attempt to exclude our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence where this is not permitted by law.
If you are a consumer residing in the European Union, you have legal remedies if we breach certain statutory rights regarding the digital content available on the Timelines Services as well as rights relating to losses caused by any negligence on our part in carrying out of our obligations under this Statement. These terms and conditions do not affect these statutory rights.
In respect of any of the above we shall be liable only for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach and (except in relation to death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation) up to the amount you have paid us in the last 12 months.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
- The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Timelines outside the United States:
- The above does not attempt to exclude our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence where this is not permitted by law.You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- • If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially
- • Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Timelines (such as payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use Timelines if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- • By “Timelines” or” Timelines Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.timelinesapp.com and any other Timelines branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Timelines reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms (where, as applicable, you may separately consent) and not this Terms. In respect of such brands, products or services governed by separate terms and not this Terms, we will notify you on the Timelines Services of the separate terms before use. Your use of brands, products, or service governed by separate terms, constitutes your acceptance of those separate terms.
- • By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Timelines or provide data to us.
- • By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Timelines.
- • By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Timelines Services.
- • By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Timelines or provide to Timelines through Platform.
- • By “post” we mean post content on Timelines or otherwise make available by using Timelines.
- • By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- • By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- • This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Timelines, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- • If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- • If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- • Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- • You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- • All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- • Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- • This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- • We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- • You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Timelines.
If the Statement is not available in your language, we will default to the English version.
Date of Last Revision: May 6, 2019