ARTINOTEC S. de R. L. (“ARTINOTEC,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) operates the Timelines application and related websites (each, an “App” or a “Site”, respectively) and several related services (all such services, “Services”). Through our App and Services, we offer you a journaling program to record experiences (each a “post”) and, if you wish, share them with others as well.
Our company’s overriding policy is to collect as little user information as possible to ensure a private user experience.
Timelines” user data collection is limited to the following:
1. Visiting our website: there are analytics tracking the time duration of a visit and actions done in the website (e.g. clicks, signup).
2. Account creation: We associate an email address with your account (for password recovery and notifications only) as well as your name and password.
3. Account activity: we collect metrics of activities done in the app, like how many timelines, experiences and profiles are created, read, edited and deleted, and how many times a specific app feature is used. This is in order to provide a better user experience and to better prioritize our feature roadmap.
4. Communicating with Timelines: Your communications with Timelines, such as sales and support requests, bug reports, or feature requests are retained and may be saved by our staff.
5. Device Information: When you download the App, we may collect your device type, your wireless carrier, and your individual device ID and we associate this with your Personal Information, though we primarily use this information to support your account and provide you with Services.
6. Your content: By default, your content is private. Specific timelines and experiences may be shared to others within the Timelines application or with third party applications if you choose to do so.
7. Transactional Information: When you order Services through our App, we may collect information necessary to complete and record the transaction, though some of this information may go directly to our payment provider.
8. Other Information: We collect your other Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily as you use our App, Site and Services. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Services you are able to use.
The App does not have any advertising on its website or App.
Mobile Services: We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our App(s) to your mobile device. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the App(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our App(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our App(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
We will use your Personal Information to:
• Provide you with Services and customer support;
• Market our products and services to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
• Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
• Improve the quality of the Sites and the Services; and
• Communicate with you about the Sites and the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We will communicate with you primarily in the form of push alerts and emails. You can manage the frequency and/or opt out of receiving these communications by changing your settings on the App and/or clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you Site and Services related communications (e.g., emails related to your account or the App).
All servers belonging to the App are located in the United States and are wholly owned and operated by the Google Cloud Platform (https://cloud.google.com/) and by Apple iCloud (https://developer.apple.com/icloud/).
• Active accounts will have data retained indefinitely;
• When a Timelines account is closed, the account”s content data (e.g. timelines, experiences) is permanently deleted from our servers. User data (e.g. email, name) may be retained for up to 7 days in our backups;
• When a specific timeline or experience is deleted, the content data is permanently deleted from our servers;
How We Disclose Information
We do NOT disclose Personal Information, except under the following circumstances:
• To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information (e. g. whenever you want to share a timeline or experience on other social media networks);
• If we receive an enforceable court order from the Honduran Judicial Institutions. If a request is made for encrypted content, the fully encrypted content may be turned over (ARTINOTEC will do its best in court to not hand over the decryption keys). If permitted by law, Timelines will always contact a user first before any data disclosure;
• In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets;
• If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) resolve disputes, investigate problems, or enforce our Terms of Service; or (c) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights and property of you or third parties;
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
We will use your Anonymous Information to:
• Personalize your experience;
• Enhance the Sites or Services;
• Improve the content of our software;
• Customize the App, Sites or Services to you;
• Contact you and/or market our products and services to you on our Sites or through our Services;
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
>To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp of your visit.
Controlling Your Information
Upon your request, we will close your Account.
You can stop all collection of information by the App(s) by uninstalling the App(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
Child Usage Restrictions
Our Services and App are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our App or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Sites and the Services.
All credit card transactions are processed by third parties and the App does not retain any customer payment information (e.g. credit card number) but we do store details of which account had paid a particular transaction.
Laws and Regulations
Our company is based entirely in Honduras and has no foreign subsidiaries or parent companies so we operate solely under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Honduras.
This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Honduras. All actions commenced pursuant hereto shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction residing in the Republic of Honduras.
This Policy was last revised: December 29, 2015.